Wolverhampton’s third annual Business Week part of the City Conference Season takes place from Monday 26 to Friday 30 September 2016. The aim of the programme is to support and celebrate the city’s economic growth; it has been shaped by business representatives in the city, for businesses.
There is something in the programme for all businesses of all types and sizes. It contains a range of new and annual events/activities to encourage:
• Investment in the city
• Investment in businesses (new and existing) to support them to grow, develop and compete locally, regionally, national and internationally
• Investment in local supply chains and business to business activity
• Investment in the local workforce, providing opportunities to support skill development and residents to secure jobs
Business Week is being promoted using the Invest business to business identity with the programme being hosted on the Invest website. The Week is being formally launched at the city’s annual Jobs Fair scheduled for 9 September to maximise the number of live job and apprenticeship opportunities available to residents.
A range of partners, businesses and employers are involved in the supporting the programme; sponsoring events, providing in-kind support, communicating and promoting the programme. Partners are also delivering workshops, providing speakers and panel members.
Audience numbers are growing for all events with the annual Business Breakfast, the new Technology and Business Crime event and the annual Meet the Buyer Breakfast proving extremely popular. During the week there will also be regional, national and international visitors participating in the programme.
Business Week is creating opportunities for:
• Raising the profile of the city locally, regionally, national and internationally
• Celebrating and communicating achievements and future plans to businesses
• Companies of all sizes to network and exchange ideas
• Engaging and promoting investment opportunities with potential investors and developers in the city
• Showcasing support available to help businesses to flourish and develop its workforce.
The full programme can be viewed by visiting investwolverhampton.com/bizweek
The message is clear, together Wolverhampton is building a city to be proud of – a city of opportunity
Next Business Weeks:
25-29 September 2017 with the annual Business Breakfast on 29 September
24-28 September 2018 with the annual Business Breakfast on 27 September
Tosca is the charismatic founder of Wicked Spider, a specialist web design consultancy, training and video marketing agency.
Tosca thrives in opening up the world of websites and technology so that those without a formal training in the field can enter and feel empowered.
Tosca has recently been nominated for an Excellence in Digital Enterprise Award. Tosca is passionate about helping businesses like yours to achieve their goals.